Today I have a short list of 10 simple but powerful ways to get yourself started creating a better life for you and your family.
I urge you to put in some serious thought about each one. Then make the decision to adopt these steps, and hold them close to your heart. Because when you do, you’ll harness the same power that thousands of successful people have harnessed before you, to design and create the lives they want to live. Here we go…
1) Start Writing Down Your Goals – If you’ve been paying attention to my Waiternomics principles, you know why this step is listed as #1.
You see, if you don’t write down your goals, you don’t have any goals. And it’s really simple to get on track with this today. Just write down your goals for the next month, for the next year, and for the next 5 years. Then pick up your “goals notebook” once a month to review your goals, and see how much progress you’re making.
This is the path to getting things done, and creating the life you want to live. Which brings me to our next success principle…
2) Get Clear About What Your Ideal Life Looks Like – You’ll never be able to design and create the life you want to live, if you’re not clear about what your Ideal Life looks like.
Here’s where you can have some fun today, by sitting back, relaxing, and just letting your mind take over. With the intent of seeing yourself living the life you want to live, in your mind’s eye.
Getting clear on what you want out of life, where you want to be, and what you want to be doing, is critical to living a better life. Including being absolutely clear about what you don’t want in your life. The things you may not like about your life now. When you’ve done this, it’s time to…
3) Set Aside Time To Create The Life You Want To Live – This is where the rubber meets the road. Actually doing something to make a better life for yourself. Millions of people say they want a better life, yet only a small percentage ever do anything to make it a reality.
Those that do start taking action, often run into problems with finding the time, with the busy lives many people live. The bottom line is this: you can build the life you want to live. You just have to set aside time every week to make that happen.
Right now, you may be like a lot of people, and spend a lot of time doing nothing much. Some call it “killing time”… which is a terrible thing to do. Since time is the one thing we will never get more of. Once today is gone, it’s gone. And if you say “I’ll do it tomorrow”… you never know what tomorrow brings. We’re not here forever. Make the most of the time you have. Like the US Marines say… “Seize the day!” Next, it’s time to…
4) Save A Portion Of What You Earn Every Month – Part of living a better life is doing away with worries about money. The fact is, when you have money in the bank, life is not nearly as stressful as when you don’t.
People who are “living the good life” are in that position partly because they put away a portion of what they earn on a regular basis. And I advise you to do this too, if you’re not already.
It’s as simple of defining a certain percentage of every dollar you make, that you’ll save each month, be it 5% or 10% or 20%. Whichever fits you best right now, just do it. Once you get used to this discipline, you won’t even miss the money. And you’ll feel great knowing you’ve got money in the bank, at least enough to cover your living expenses for 4 to 6 months. And while you’re doing this…
5) Give A Portion of What You Earn Every Month – If you’re not tuned in to the real “laws” of nature, and the way the world around us works, you need to be. Because the act of giving, and the effect it can have on your life, and those who you give to, is profound.
You may have heard the phrase “Pay it forward.” Well this is talking about the power of giving, and how you stand to gain in the future for the giving you do today.
But your giving must not have that intent. Your intent must be to help others, who need the help. And feel good about doing it. While NOT expecting anything in return. Give with a good heart, and you will live your Ideal Life.
6) Eliminate Fear From Your Life – Nothing stops people in their tracks more than fear. Whether it’s taking the leap into entrepreneurship, getting involved in professional sports, or even finding the right life partner.
Past US president FDR said it best… “The only thing we have to fear, is fear itself.” Fear is one of those things that has no basis in fact. It only exists in the minds of people who allow it to exist.
The #1, most effective “fear-killer” you can use today, to break-free from the “mental chains” that hold you back from doing and getting what you want out of life is…. taking action! When you do, it’s a very liberating feeling. Knowing that you actually can achieve anything you want. Going forward with purposeful action, and leaving your imaginary fears behind forever. Then you’re ready to leave another imaginary force behind, that interferes with millions of people living a better life, when you…
7) Eliminate Guilt From Your Life – As long as you are living a good life, helping others, giving regularly, and bringing value, you have absolutely nothing to feel guilty about.
Unfortunately, many flavors of organized religion have used guilt through the years as their tool to keep “the flock” in fear and controlled. Which is a shame, since most people do live a good life. And then are burdened by imaginary guilt for their entire lives, for no reason at all.
Then there are some people who feel guilty inside, because they intend to make a better life for themselves and their families, but never seem to make it happen. Which leads to a way you can leverage to make your dreams reality, instead of only having empty dreams that leave you feeling disappointed and hopeless…
8) Decide To Stop Making Excuses From Now On – Even though people can have the best of intentions when it comes to creating a better life for themselves, so they can live life on their terms, many find it easier to make excuses, rather than just going out and making things happen for themselves.
The fact is, many successful people came from underprivileged, unfortunate, or even horrible situations in life. Yet they decided to rise above all that. To take the bull by the horns, and make a better life for themselves. Without excuses about why they couldn’t do this, or couldn’t do that. Like they didn’t have the time, or didn’t have the money, or didn’t have the education.
Instead, they decided that they would not stop at anything, to get what they want. They would not make excuses. Instead, they decided to move forward and…
9) Do Something Which Brings Value To Others – This is how the world works. This is how prosperity happens. The simple trade of something that has value to someone, for monetary compensation for the person who is providing the value.
We’ve already talked about giving and helping others in this post. Well helping others to get what they need or want brings value to their lives. That’s why the main vehicle for Escaping the Employee Trap is building your home business “on the side”…
That you grow so it replaces the income you make at your job now, so you can finally be your own boss, and live life on your terms.
All made possible by you providing value to others. Remember the Strategy of Preeminence from my friend and marketing legend Jay Abraham. Your goal is to become a value provider. One that delivers more value to someone than you get back as financial value. Creating “win-win” scenarios for all involved. And if you think that you can’t be in the position of a trusted “value creator”… you must make it a point to…
10) Remove All Boundaries And Limitations From Your Mind – If you embrace the last 9 ways to start creating a better life, you will already have eliminated limitations inside you that come from holding on to guilt and fear for no reason.
Next, it’s time to take a look at your “self image.” How you see yourself. What you think of yourself. And how you compare yourself to others.
First of all, you should never, ever, compare yourself to others. Everyone is unique, and you don’t have to live up to the standards of any other person. Just your own high standards.
You see, you are perfect just the way you are. There is no need to improve you. You just need to improve what you think about, how you think, and what you do each day.
When you can see yourself as a person of strength, instead of a person of frustration and weakness… you will have made great gains with your own “self image.”
If I were you, I’d print this list and hang it in your office or kitchen or bedroom. As a reminder that these are the 10 ways that will get you from where you are now, to where you want to be.
A better life for you and your family. Doing what you want to do every day. Living life on your terms, not someone else’s, for the rest of your life.
At the very least, I suggest you read this post again, in it’s entirety. Then make some time to really think about what I just shared with you.
I’d love to hear your comments, which you can post below.
Until next time,
Profits are better than wages,